- Soak foot with the plantar wart in warm water for 5 minutes. Dry thoroughly.
- File the plantar wart area with a pumice stone or pumice file before applying Compound W Freeze Off®.
- Attach the applicator (stick with the foam tip) to the handle as shown. Firmly press the stick into the opening in the middle of the handle.
- Place the aerosol can firmly on a covered table or other sturdy surface. Caution! Do not hold the spray can near your face, or over parts of your body or clothing.
- Insert the handle, with the applicator attached, into the top of the canister. Line up notches in handle with the openings in the top of the canister.
- Keeping the canister upright and holding the canister firmly with one hand, press the handle downward until you hear a hissing sound. Continue to hold down for 2 to 3 seconds to saturate the applicator. You will hear a hissing sound for the entire period.
- After releasing the handle, wait 30 seconds, and then remove the handle with the attached applicator from the canister. The foam applicator should be saturated with cold liquid and have a frosty appearance. You may also smell some dimethyl ether.
- Lightly press the foam applicator for several seconds on the wart that is to be frozen. Do not swab. Compound W Freeze Off® should be applied immediately after removing the applicator from the canister. Hold the foam applicator on plantar warts on areas with thicker or calloused skin, such as the ball of the foot or the heel, for 40 seconds or less. Treat plantar warts occurring on less calloused areas of the foot, such as the arch of the foot or the toes, for 20 seconds or less.
- When treating warts on the top of toes, slowly move the toes while administering treatment. There may be an aching, itching, or stinging sensation during treatment.
- Discard the foam applicator after a single use, taking care not to touch the foam applicator with bare hands, to ensure that re-infection with the wart virus does not occur. Wash hands after treatment.
- Comfort pads have been included with the Compound W Freeze Off® Plantar Kit only. They can be used to protect the tender plantar wart area after treatment has been completed. Carefully remove pad from backing. Apply adhesive side of pad to skin with hole directly over the small tender spot.
- Do not use if you cannot see clearly to read the information on the container or this Information Leaflet. Use only as directed.
- Do not use if you cannot clearly see the wart you are treating. If you mistakenly apply Compound W Freeze Off® directly to skin or use it on conditions that are not warts, it may cause serious burns and permanent scarring of the skin.
- Do not use on children under the age of 4 years. It is uncertain how Compound W Freeze Off® may affect the child's skin. Use on a child under 4 may cause permanent scarring of the child's skin.
- Do not use if you are diabetic or if you have poor blood circulation. Compound W Freeze Off® Wart Removal System works by freezing the wart. The frozen area in diabetic patients and those with poor blood circulation may not heal as quickly or completely.
- Do not use if you are pregnant or breast feeding. It is uncertain how Compound W Freeze Off® may affect patients under these conditions.
- Do not use on areas with thin skin such as the face, armpits, breasts, bottom, or genitals. Use on these areas may cause burns and permanent scarring.
- Do not use on irritated skin, or on any area that is infected, reddened or showing any signs of inflammation, such as itching or swelling. Treating these areas with Compound W Freeze Off® will result in worsening of the condition and possible further infection. These conditions may not be warts and should be examined by a doctor.
- Do not use on moles, birthmarks, warts with hair growing from them, genital (on penis or vaginal area) warts, or warts on the face or mucus membranes (such as inside mouth, nose, anus, genitals, lips, ears or near eyes). Use on these areas may cause burns and permanent scarring of the skin or blindness.
If you are not sure, consult your doctor. If you treat a skin condition as a wart with Compound W Freeze Off® Wart Removal System and it is not a wart, you delay proper treatment. This delay may lead to a more serious skin condition or disease.
Avoid Contact with Eyes. Contact with eyes may cause blindness. Do not rub or touch eyes with hands if Compound W Freeze Off® Wart Removal System has been applied to them. If product gets into eyes, flush with water for 15 minutes and call medical help right away.
Do not Swallow. Content is toxic and may cause serious internal damage. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
For External Use Only. Use only as directed. If Compound W Freeze Off® Wart Removal System is not used exactly as instructed or you mistakenly apply it directly to the skin or use it on conditions that are not warts, it may cause serious burns and permanent scarring of the skin.
Keep out of Reach of Children. Children cannot understand the instructions to properly use this product. Content is hazardous if swallowed, inhaled, sprayed on parts other than the wart, or exposed to heat.
Contents: Dimethyl Ether and Propane